All Points of Interest in Portugal from OpenStreetMap in GeoJSON and CSV formats. Daily updated
A few notes:
- POIs are generated from nodes, ways and relations (the latter missing from many sources);
- POIs have "name" and "alt_name" (alternative name) in separate columns;
- POIs are classified according with the possible values of each of the OSM main keys: aerialway, aeroway, amenity, barrier, boundary, building,craft, emergency, geological, highway, historic, landuse, leisure, man_made, military, natural, office, place, power, public_transport, railway, route, shop, sport, telecom, tourism, waterway.
This should allow a quick filtering and re-export to suitable formats, according to your interests;
- GeoJSON includes elevation ("ele") as -z value.
- Should you need it, a list of alphanumeric codes used for subcategories is available (poi_types.csv).
|Download: portugal-latest-osm-poi-geojson.zip (~7MB)|
|Download: portugal-latest-osm-poi-csv.zip (~14MB)|
License: OpenStreetMap derived data is licensed under the Open Database License 1.0. You may use the data for any purpose, but you have to acknowledge OpenStreetMap as the data source. Derived databases have to retain the same license. Cf: https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
Data is updated here every day at ~04:00 (Lisbon Time).
If you also need a *.poi file in mapsforge format look here. Bear in mind, though, that poi-writer critically lacks support for POI extraction from relations.
Changelog: 02/02/2019 - Started including POIS without "name" (tripled the size). Added a few missing categories.